The Walton PTSA utilizes several forms of communication to keep its parents, students, faculty and community informed and engaged. These include:
- The Walton Raider Review: A publication mailed to students’ homes in the fall, spring and summer.
- “CONNECTIONS”: an e-newsletter published every other Friday
- E-blast Announcements: emailed to a list of subscribers once per week and as requested by administration;
- Facebook Page: daily updates, announcements, school sports news, school club news;
- Twitter: short announcements, updated as needed.
- Pinterest: information on a variety of topics, maintained by the Health and Wellness Committee.
- YouTube Channel: subscribers can view videos from a variety of sources including administration, sports, performing arts and extracurricular clubs
- The Walton High School Website: the PTSA sponsors the WHS website through an annual subscription. The PTSA maintains only the PTSA section of the Website. Other groups that are responsible for maintaining content for the WHS site include the administration, departments, teachers, clubs and the WHS Foundation. Please contact the appropriate group to have your information posted.
To submit an eblast announcement or Connections article: Submit your information on-line by using the Communication Submission Request found here: http://waltonhigh.org/forms.cfm?myForm=27582 or send your request to the PTSA Co-Presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an announcement for any of Walton’s Social Media outlets: Submit your information on-line by using the Communication Submission Request found here: http://waltonhigh.org/forms.cfm?myForm=27582 or send your request to the PTSA Social Media chair at email@example.com
Submissions for eblast announcements, Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Walton newsletters should follow the established guidelines:
E-blast Submission Guidelines
E-blasts will be sent on a weekly basis, generally on a Sunday evening in preparation for the coming school week. To request that an item be included in the e-blast, please send your announcement by Thursday evening at 7:00pm prior to the Sunday you want it sent out. The e-blast is organized by category and is intended to be a Headline news listing. Please keep your eblast announcement to a maximum of 3 lines and include a link to a webpage for more complete information. Please make sure your webpage is current and submit the URL information as required in the form.
Each eblast announcement will run a maximum of 2x’s. Please indicate the dates you would like your announcement to be included. Each eblast is archived on the PTSA Website.
- If you include a student's name, please list only student’s first name and last initial.
- With regard to athletics, we will post tryouts and playoffs.
- With regard to non-Walton sponsored club sports, we will post playoff games and championships if there are a majority of Walton students participating.
- For performing arts, we will post concerts, exhibits, and major events.
- For group fundraisers, we will post information on major events.
- For clubs/extracurricular groups, we will post registration/membership drives.
- Group announcements should be confined to Walton affiliated/sponsored groups.
Social Media Submission Guidelines:
Please indicate the social media platform where you would like to have your announcement posted. Facebook postings are updated daily and each item is only posted once. Sports scores and Walton-sponsored clubs and events can be posted on Facebook. This is not a forum for personal postings, advertising for business, or for a discussion thread. Twitter messages will be sent on an as needed basis and will include short messages pertinent to the Walton community. Pinterest postings will be confined to topical information relating to Health and Wellness.
Raider Review : Publication Dates and article submission Deadlines:
Dates to be announced
Articles are generally in the 250-400 word range. Article topics can include a Walton extracurricular/club, a performing arts group, a sports team, or a department or program at Walton. This publication is designed to engage the Walton community by highlighting the depth and variety of programs and opportunities that Walton provides for the students, parents, teachers and community at large.