Raider Pride Award and Scholarship
WHS PTSA RAIDER PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP
Any Senior who was a recipient of the Raider Pride award while at Walton High School is eligible to apply. The Raider Pride Award recognizes two students who have consistently demonstrated exceptional character traits, including honesty, integrity and kindness. The recipients of the Raider Pride Scholarship are chosen based primarily on their examples of character traits and not on school grades.
Applications must be downloaded from the link online. Completed applications are reviewed by adults who do not have a student at Walton. The student names are removed from the applications so there is no bias due to a previous relationship with the student or their family.
- In addition to the application, please attach two letters of recommendation. One should be from a Walton teacher, principal or counselor; the other from an adult supervisor or mentor involved in your home life, work or community service experience.
- Applications and Letters of Recommendation MUST be:
- Saved in PDF format or scanned and attached to an email
- Subject line should include: “Raider Pride Scholarship 2020”.
- Submit to: Walton PTSA Presidents
- Submission deadline: 11:59 pm Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- Winners will be announced at Honors Night, Monday, April 20, 2020 unless the event has been rescheduled to a later date.
Click here for pdf application and further instructions.
Click here for application in Word format.