Hi Raider Parents!
Welcome to Walton! Please note there are a few differences in clinic and medication policy
from middle school. I have tried to make this list brief but with enough information to reduce
the number of phone calls you receive from the school and the trips you have to make to the
Click here for some important reminders from the Walton Clinic.
Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water--hand sanitizer is not effective enough to kill the germs during flu season.
Cough into your elbow not your hand.
Disinfect items handled daily: door knobs, phones, desks, computers, backpack handles, lunchboxes, & pens/pencils!
Most importantly: if you are sick, take care of yourself and stay home.
Click here for more information.
*Prescription medication is NOT to be carried by students at any time.
- The only exceptions are diabetic, asthma, or epi-pen medications. *If your student has need of any of these medications please see the nurse for more information.
- If your child needs prescription medicine during the school day (a one-time dose OR daily)
- A parent must bring the medicine to the clinic, in the original pharmacy labeled container.
- Proper Authorization forms must be completed and signed by the parent.
- Authorization to Give Medication
- **Parent volunteers and student aides may NOT accept or deliver any medication to students at school.
Important: The School Nurse Does not dispense any medication to a student, unless that medication is supplied by the parent. The Clinic does not supply over the counter medication for student use.
OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES, THAT CAN BE PURCHASED WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION, MAY BE CARRIED BY STUDENTS, IN THE ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
- This should be a small personal supply and may not be shared with other students.
- Parents and students are responsible for the proper dosage and use of the medications.
- If the parent prefers, they may leave the medications in the clinic to be dispensed by the nurse, with authorization form signed.
Over-the counter medicine (OTC), examples: Ibuprofen, Tylenol, & cough drops
Clinic Contact Info
Clinic Hours 8:30-3:30
Walton High School